Monday, April 5, 2010

Break Closing and New Insights

Spring break is coming to a close and it will be so hard to go back to school and be confined indoors. Over this spring break I have realized that once retirement comes, I will enjoy it to the fullest. It will be so much fun to travel to visit our daughter, son-in-law ( who is really son #3), and our sprouting grandson whenever we would like instead of school dictated holidays. I will enjoy working around the house and even working in the yard. I will be able to play grandmom to our new grandchild when he/she arrives in October. This spring break has seen my youngest attend his first prom with a lovely young lady and even allow mom to go along on a lunch date with the two of them ( it helps when you pick up the tab). I have watched him take on the responsibility of pulling up all the holly bushes that lined the front porch and with his horticulture background from Mr. Ricketts, to decide what he would like to plant in the place of the bushes. He is growing up quickly and can be very responsible if we only loosen the apronstrings and allow him to take on the challenges. As much as I am not looking forward to going back to school, I know that the rest of this year will fly by, and with P.T. being a senior next year, next school year will go even faster. Thank goodness for the spring weather finally and all the new insights it brings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such wonderful words of tribute to Patrick. As you know, he is a dear of a young man and it has been such a treat watching him grow within the halls/classrooms of Socastee throughout the years. His smile says it all!!! I wonder where he gets that from?!!!